Saturday, May 17, 2008

The big debate: A pig, or an armadillo

So, tonight, Valdemar and I are having a 'debate', which, is not at all unusual, exept for the fact that this time the debate has nothing to do with child rearing, finances, or what to eat for dinner, which is another subject for another post. Today, we are having a 'discussion' about whether or not Piglet (from the popular Adventures of Winnie the Pooh) is a pig, or perhaps an armadillo. Valdemar is stuck on the fact that Piglet is indeed a pig, being that all of the other charachters have names pertaining to their species (Rabbit, being a rabbit, and Owl being an owl). I however do not see all that much of a resemblance to a pig. What pig do you know that has stripes across his body? What pig has pointy little ears? I don't know why they named him 'Piglet'. Why is Pooh, named Pooh? Valdemar argues that if Piglet is indeed an armadillo he should be named Pigladillo. Maybe, just maybe his mother was a pig, and his father was an armadillo? Even after careful study of several pictures of armadillos, Valdemar is keeping to his story - will someone please set him straight?!!

4 comments:

Lozano Family said...

Im sorry to say my wife is wrong!! Look at this link and it explains everything.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piglet_%28Winnie_the_Pooh%29
Please send your thoughts and comments anyway because she still does not believe these facts!!!!
Valdemar

Jana McVay said...

Balty,
Well, I must tell you that Wikipedia is not a credible source! Anyone, and I mean even you or I, can post information about a subject and say it is true when it isn't!!! So, I think we need to dig deeper to get to the answer of what Piglet really is!

Jerus said...

I always thought Piglet was the ostrich!

Thank you Sis Jana for helping us in our quest for truth!

Piglet is in fact a pig, who wears striped shirts.

Some in the Islamic faith are offended by Winnie the Pooh because of the presence of a pig in the stories.

See the website.

www.just-pooh.com/piglet.html

Why am I even posting this? I feel like I just fell for a practical joke by even commenting!

Lozano Family said...

So, Piglet is indeed a (gasp) pig.
I was wrong, wrong, WRONG!

Please excuse me while I go to find a rock to crawl under, and some bugs to eat. Perhaps with Timon and Pumba - - and I don't even want to know what species of animal they are............