Sunday, September 21, 2008

Chicken Anyone?

Somehow, I lost a piece of chicken.........

Valdemar comes home from work, complaining about how the house stinks. I've noticed an odd, and rather unpleasant aroma hanging around here, but can't figure out what it is. I'm making some chicken pot pie and he tells me "It smells awful in here, what is burning?" And I tell him, "Well I think some of the chicken pot pie spilled over into the bottom of the oven and it's burning." And that was that for that day. Well a few days later, I'm baking something else, and he's complaining again. So, again I tell him "Something spilled in the oven, and I haven't had a chance to clean it up." (I hate cleaning the oven by the way. I would much rather just let the junk burn to charcoal and then scrape it out, than actually scrub the oven down) And all the while there is a lingering stench in the air that I can't figure out..........
Time passes, and every time I turn the oven on it stinks. It happens several times, and me, I just can't figure out what it is. Well, finally weeks later, the oven no longer smells and I am going to toast garlic bread, and I open up the broiler pan on the oven and what do I find...........................
THIS.............This piece of chicken is so old that I can not remember exactly how it got in the broiler pan in the oven. I am thinking that I must have barbecued it, and then it wasn't quite done, and so when we were eating the other pieces of chicken for dinner, I put this one in the broiler to finish up. It's done, well, well done. This thing must be at least two to three weeks old. It's a wonder that it didn't catch fire down there one of the dozen or so times that I used the oven. And boy did it stink! I cooked it, and then it probably kind of rotted in there, and then, I cooked it again, and again.
Well, I don't suppose that any one's wanting an invite to dinner at my house any time soon...........

1 comment:

Jana McVay said...

EWWW!!! Nasty! LOL

You and Sarrah have some interesting experiences in the kitchen!