Friday, December 12, 2008

I've been tagged.....

Sis. Jana got me!

The rules of the game are:
1. Grab one of the books closest to me, go to page 56, type the fifth line and the next two to five lines that follow.
2. Pick five people who love books and who could receive the Bookworm award with honor.

Here we go..........

"A two-year old girl picked up an item that was off limits. Her older sister, fourteen, told her she couldn't play with it and proceeded to take it away. The child threw a screaming fit. (That was her normal approach in paying back her parents. They considered her behaviour normal.)
My nine-year-old, amazed at this bizarre behaviour, came and told her mother."

To Train up a child by Michael and Debbi Pearl

No one needs to ask why this book is one of the books closest to me! :) It is a good book. Their views on parenting are so very different from what we are used to seeing in our society. And that's a good thing.
It is a short book, and one that I've read several times over. Every time I read it I find some new nugget of truth or technique. I certainly don't have it down, though, so I am sure that I'll just keep on reading and re-reading!

And now, I am only going to tag three people............

Janelle Christian
Sarrah Dillon
Heather soon to be Serna

Now, I don't know how to put in that cool little link thingy where you just click on the person's name. I am technologically challenged. But, they are all in the Mi Amigo's list off to the right!

No comments: