Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Creepy, Crawly, Bug Monsters...

I have a problem with bugs. We just don't get along. Some bugs are worse than others, some are dirty, none are really clean, some are dangerous, some are hoppy, and really hoppy, and others are winged things. And I have different fears for the different bug categories. I am afraid that some dirty bug will infest my house and crawl all over my clean dishes, and I will use the dishes without knowing........eeeewwwww! I am afraid that some dangerous bug will hide out in my bed and bite me in my sleep, or even worse hide in one of my babies' beds and bite my babies...........I am afraid that some hoppy or really hoppy kind of bug will jump up my skirt (and I have been the victim of a really hoppy bug attack.) And I am afraid that some winged thing, or any bug that falls in any category, whether it is listed above or not, will get in my hair.
However, I am tough, and I do kill bugs (when there is no man around). Like the one below.

My weapon of choice: the broom. I haven't been able to find a fly swatter with a handle long enough to suit me. Have you checked out the little handle on the fly swatters these days! It's probably not even two feet long. There is no way I am getting that close to a bug just to kill it.So I just grab the broom and start whacking and whacking, works every time.

And.......that brings me to work on Monday evening. You've got to understand that in the past we've had a problem with 'bird moths.' I don't know what they are really called, but that's what we referred to them as. They've got to be some mutant kind of moth, I haven't seen one for quite some time, thank goodness, but they were HUGE. Like the Goliath type in the moth species. And we have crickets too. Let me tell you, if I spot one of those really hoppy type of bugs I run out to get one of the drivers to eradicate the pestilence before I go back in that office. And on top of it all, I spotted mouse traps in the break room. Not a good sign at all. So, anyways, on Monday, I am sitting in the office, working on my work, or maybe just sitting there. It's kind of a blur. And I remember the Vacuum Guy comes in with his cool vacuum back pack and starts vacuuming the floor. All of the sudden something big and black whacks me on the side of the head. I kind of jump up, start screaming and grabbing at my head, completely startling the other girl I work with and the Vacuum Guy, who kind of yells and jumps back. Hey, if I am getting attacked by something this guy is totally not going to risk himself! Even though he's armed! There I was holding my head and saying "Get it off of me, get it off of me!" and my co-worker tells me "Thresa, it's not a bug." I look at her like how do you know it's not a bug? And she says "It's your bow." Come to find out the terrible attack was made by an artfully arranged piece of silk. Two days later they are still laughing about that. And the Vacuum Guy came in again today, takes one look at me, (he doesn't speak any English) and asks one of the other girls in Spanish if it's alright for him to come in and vacuum. He then looks at me, eyebrows raised like, you're sure it's OK? Yeah, it is OK. Just don't let any of the creepy crawlies in, or for that matter, falling silk.

2 comments:

Jana McVay said...

LLOL...Literally Laughing Out Loud!!! OMW!! That is hilarious! Attack of the Silk Bow Monster!!! Poor vaccuum cleaner guy, you probably scarred him for life!! LOL Thanks for the chuckle! Which come to think of it, is something I do when I read your blog!!

Heather said...

Haha that's hilarious. You know it sounds like you had a Katie moment! She would totally do something like that or way worse!!!! :) Love ya!