Friday, February 6, 2009

Life with Kids - Part Thirteen

*Calendar Confusion*
Getting out of the house in the morning is always a mad dash around here. I rarely leave without forgetting something, including shoes on the kids...... Anyways, the other day I was running just a tad late for baby Baltie's doctor appointment. I am trying to round everyone and everything up in a race against the clock, and I realize that I can not find my keys. I remember that I saw one of the kids playing with them, and so I am running around digging through little purses and toy boxes and diving under the sofa. No luck. Agggghhh! I could not find my keys. I finally look in the last place that I would put them, which happens to be the first place that my husband would stuff them. And, there they are. I grab the kids and strap them in the car, and very safely and sanely drive them across town the doctor's office. (Well, maybe not the sane part.) We arrive at the doctors office and I come rushing in with three probably somewhat disheveled looking children in tow to hurriedly whisper to the first clerk that I have arrived, albeit a little late, for my son's doctor appointment. She looks at me somewhat puzzled. His doctor is not even at this office today. She almost sends me to the other office, but decides to first check on one thing. The appointment, that I struggled to get to, was for the next day.

No comments: