that crock pots don't work, unless you plug them in.
I love to have a good pot roast. Mashed potatoes, gravy, maybe some carrots, and other veggies, and tender, slow cooked meat. Mmmmmm. It's a wonderful Sunday afternoon meal. Throw it all in the crock pot in the morning, or the night before, and viola, when you come home, cook up some gravy, and you have got yourself a meal.
So, when I walked in the house this afternoon after Sunday service, I expected to smell that wonderful aroma that I am so familiar with. And............. nothing. I didn't smell anything. What? Ok, so I know what happened, in my blondness, I forgot to turn the crock pot on. I walk quickly into the kitchen and see that I did indeed turn the crock pot on. So why am I not smelling anything? Why is the meat still pink? Why is the crock pot cold? And, in my ultimate blondness, I realize that I can't smell anything, the meat is still pink, and the crock pot is stone cold because CROCK POTS DON'T WORK UNLESS YOU PLUG THEM IN!
We're going to pick up sandwiches now.
1 comment:
LOL....I have done that in the past and I am not blond!!! So I don't think it has to do with your blondness!!! Just being a BUSY Mommy of 3 busy kids is reason enough!!!!
Post a Comment