Sometimes we get to be princesses around here. Usually Lil’Baltie has to be the Prince, or Aladdin, or sometimes he even has to be Abu. I think it all depends on the day, and how much he has bugged the girls. Aubrielle will be Belle sometimes, and Aria will take the part of sleeping beauty, sometimes they fight over who gets to be who, and you know what? It’s OK if there are two Belles, or two Cinderellas. After all, we are only playing. There is one thing that never changes. One set in stone rule about the princess game. And that’s me, I am ALWAYS Cinderella. Mom always has to be Cinderella. If you are a Mommy, then you know why.
I always insist that I be Cinderella because it fits. She is the only princess that cleans and cooks all day long. She is the one who never has time for herself, and has to leave it to the mice to take care of her wardrobe. She always has people yelling at her, giving her a long list of chores, and demanding things from her. And, she is never done! Never. Just when she thinks she’s got the floor clean, some naughty cat comes and tromps all over it. I’d say Cinderella is a perfect fit for a Mommy.
I never do very well with a messy house. It just bugs me. Naturally, I am outnumbered, and require some help in order to keep a somewhat tidy ship running here. One day I was, uummmm, well, I guess I was ‘in a mood’ and was fed up with short people running around and making messes. . . .
Aria was talking to her Daddy, and she tells him: “Dad, Mom always says that she is Cinderella, but right now, she is acting like Anastasia and Drisella.”
Yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment