Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What I'm Chewin' On

You know how, after you have a delicious bowl of oatmeal, and you put that bowl, empty, with the remnants of your breakfast, the stray little oats, the goo that is the rest of the oatmeal, into the sink with out rinsing it out -- (LAZY!!!!) Well anyways, you know how all of that stuff just gets stuck in the bowl, and it takes forever to get it out? That is my brain my friends. I know my kids have been funny. C'mon, I live with ARIA for cryin' out loud. I know that we've been doing stuff. And as wierd as I am I can make a big deal out of a trip to the garbage can. I am going to have to pay more attention to this thing here. I have FORGOTTEN precious moments that could have been captured forever!

So, for today, to clean out my oatmeal brain, I am going to go with the randomized list format;

* Lil'Baltie is a Big Boy. You know why? 1. He does not poo in his pants anymore. (I could argue that point, and I have a few specific references to 'steaming nuggets' (don't ask) that I could bring up in reference to that, but I'll spare you.) He also has a 'Big Boy' bed that he sleeps in.... for the first half of the night. I don't always know exactly what's going on, but somehow, every single morning I wake up in some apparently physically impossible position, and trust me I know it's physically impossible because my body tells me about it during the day - with this 'Big Boy' sleeping soundly across the bed. Perhaps he's not so 'Big' after all. And, perhaps I need to find a way to eradicate the stealer of slumber from my bed. Then again, if I was going to go gung ho on that mission, I'd have to kick his Dad out as well. (Reference: Camping trip where we talk about the possibility of being attacked by a bear, or the possibility that the offensive noise is someone snoring....)
* Aria is doing well in Kindergarten. Reggie Rooster is a favorite around here. He has a red rocket that he keeps by his bed, and he likes to listen to rock and roll on his radio. She also knows how to read.... *raised eyebrows* Yes sir, once she rememberizes the book, she is good to go. She can read so good she doesn't even have to see the page!
One day she came home and told me that she had to 'take her star out'. Her class has the familiar card system for thier behavior. In her class you start out with a star in the pocket, once you loose that you go to a yellow card, and then the red. I asked her why she had to take her star out. "I don't know." I asked "Were you being bad?" She sighs and says "No." I go a little further, "Were you talking too much?" Aha, hit the nail on the head. "Yes." I tell her, "Wow, your teacher must have had to tell you to be quiet more than once before she made you take your star out." Aria nods, yes she did. I decide to give her a little lecture - "Aria, your teacher has a tough job trying to teach all of you kids all of the important stuff that you need to know. If she is talking you need to be quiet. Your teacher should not have to tell you more than once to be quiet." Aria sighs, and says "Mom, it's not a big deal. I'm just not even worried about it!" The irony of this is, that, the next day she comes home from school sporting the Star Student award, which they get for good behavior.... 
* Aubrielle is a Third Grader. Right now she has this big project that she has to write a full page report on, give an oral report, and have a visual aid. This is third grade! What, are they preparing them to go to college already? Good grief, most of these kids are probably still snuggling up with their teddy bears and sleeping with a night light! And they want a tripple decker report out of them! Well, I am saving my two liter soda bottles, cause we are making a rocket! 
* Valdemar got a new job!!!!!!!!!!!!  That's twelve exclamation points, for all of the twelve years he spent at the last job. This is a day that I thought would never come. 
Don't get me wrong, the last job started out pretty good. Once it changed hands it went downhill fast. I know that he was miserable going to work there every day. And for very good reason. I don't think it happens very often that you get laid off and have another job within an hour. That just has to be God!

* Me, I am still working. Me and the good ol' Blood Bank have a long standing relationship. I can't get away from that place, and they can't get rid of me.
My schedule is CrAzY. Really it's not that bad - in some ways. Because I work the wacky hours that I do, I only need 16 hours of baby sitting a week. Otherwise I would need 40+. I have never put my kids in day care and I really don't want to start now. That leaves me depending on the good friends and family that I have. Well, they have a life too you know, so we do a LOT of switching and what not. I am very fortunate that there are such good people willing to help me out! I don't have too much longer to go before Lil'Baltie is in school....... Wow! He's almost four! I am chewin' on a few thoughts about some changes, and praying.

No comments: