Monday, April 2, 2012

Bear Foot

Farewell Spring Break.

I will miss all two weeks of you. Even the three days that included back/leg/arm/neck breaking tedious painting. (Which my house, and myself are not completely recovered from...)

Today was the first day back to school. After the TERRORS that my children were last week, I didn't expect this 'return to the grind' to be all that easy to take. Get up early, get dressed, put your shoes on, brush your teeth, get your backpack and sweater together. It's not really that hard, but just drive by my house at 6am and you're going to think that we've got a boot camp going on here.

Surprisingly, this morning wasn't that bad. As a matter of fact, it was good. See, me and Aubrielle are birds of a feather. She is definately of my genetic influence, and was born with the philosophy that if the sun itself is not up yet, no sane individual should be up either. As I was getting out of the shower this morning, I heard someone in the hall bathroom. I figured that it must be my little early bird, Aria. When I went to investigate, I found my supposed early bird snug as a bug in her bed...? Aubrie's bed was empty... Wait. Aubrie's bed was uninhabited??!!! How on earth could such a thing be?! Aubrie was out of bed, with no wake up call. No pushing. No yelling. No stomping and shaking. No ear shattering radio. I immediatley assumed the worst, and most reasonable explanation for this oddity. She must be sick. But she wasn't sick. She was up getting ready for school.

Again, surprisingly, the rest of the morning went this way. (I am a little scared for tomorrow. I am afraid that we used up all our 'good' this morning. If this happens two mornings in a row, I don't know what I will do with myself.)

As Lil'Baltie was putting his shoes on, sans socks, Aria admonished him - "You'd better put your socks on! Or you will smell like bare (bear?) feet!"

No comments: