Monday, April 7, 2014

My 'Real' Mom

Since I am thinking about Camp right now, I have to share something that my precious little Aria did last year. Oh, my Aria....

Aria did pretty good at camp for her first time last year. She was in my cabin, so I think that helped a lot. Someone got blue tooth paste all over the sink, and Aria had a little melt down about that. She couldn't stand the blue tooth paste all over the sink at camp. Never mind what messes she makes all the time at home with her tooth paste.

Anyways, one day towards the end of the week, one of the girls in the cabin came to me and asked me a question. She asked me if I was Aria's real mom. . . . Hmmm. What is my little girl up to this time?

I looked at Aria, and she's making this little face, and mouthing no, don't tell them!

So I look at this cute, innocent little girl, and I tell her that yes, I am Aria's real Mom and I asked what Aria had told her. Apparently Aria told the girls in the cabin that I was not her real mother. She told them that I was her foster mother, and that her real parents had died in a car accident when she was very small. She said that it was OK though, because she'd been with me for such a long time that I was like her real mom.

Later on, I asked Aria why she told the girls that story. She told me that she wanted to see how long they'd believe it.

If you aren't already praying for Miss Aria, we welcome all prayers that come our way!!!

No comments: