*Around and around we go...*
I am trying to get my children to behave in church...Really I am. So, naturally, on top of trying to get them to be quiet during preaching, I am trying to get them to stay facing forward during song service, and even more importantly for the reading of The Word. People are at church to worship and hear the preaching - not to see my kids preforming some act fit for a circus routine....
One Sunday, like any other Sunday Aria is facing completely around, all during song service, and I keep telling her, turn around. And, I do this little motion with my hand, going around in a circle, which is completely ridiculous because, well, you can guess why. By the time Pastor Booker is asking us to open our Bibles Aria is still making an effort to catch some one's eye and get some attention. So, once again, I tell her "Turn around." And of course, I do that dumb little circle motion with my hand - and so what does my darling Aria do, just what I told her to do. She turned around, and around, and around............
The circus has come to town.
No comments:
Post a Comment