*Something to sink your teeth into*
Shortly after Baby Baltie was born several people asked me the question 'so, is it different having a boy?' To which I replied 'only changing the diaper!' Now, a few months down the road I am beginning to notice some differences.
The girls, for example, were quite afraid of the drain in the bathtub, it made a funny noise, and all of the water was disappearing down it, and they wanted nothing to do with it. Baby Baltie thinks it's cool, and is constantly crawling (in the bathtub mind you) to mess with it and pick at it. He also rams the side of his crib with his head, while making a fuss, when he wants out. I can't remember either of the girls doing that. And now, on Halloween, I had to take him to the doctor for his first real injury - at nine months old.
He thinks he's really tough and all since he can crawl. He's pretty quick, and of course, shortly after he learned to crawl he also learned to pull himself up to stand. Baby Baltie thinks that he can stand just about anywhere, even by himself sometimes. And he has a tooth. Yep, just one lone ranger in there - and it's not doing him any good at all. Since he hasn't mastered the fine art of balance quite yet, he falls - all of the time. He's bloodied his little tongue and lip with that tooth more than once. Well, once again I hear crash, and then scream (the only thing that he does like the girls is scream) and I rush in the kitchen to pick him up and see that he's bloodied himself yet again. I didn't realize what happened until a little later, but somehow he knocked his tooth - forward. I would think that he might bump it backward, but nope, it's pulled forward towards his lip. I took him to the doctor, who was, by the way, not much help at all, but I think the dentist office closed early on Halloween or something, and I had to do something. She told me that it might just fall out on it's own. So, my son could have a big gap in his mouth until he's like what, eight? We have an appointment with our family pediatrician in a few days, I'm waiting to see what she recommends...............
No comments:
Post a Comment