Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sisterly Love


About two weeks ago, Lil' Baltie came up with bacterial conjunctivitis, we have a strong suspicion that it came about due to an entirely gross fascination with playing in 'the punch bowl'. (Just in case you haven't realized what I am talking about - it flushes.) When I took him to the doctor and they confirmed that it was indeed the dreaded Pink Eye, I asked "Well, what do I do - I have two other kids!" The doctor assured me that I shouldn't worry because unlike the Pink Eye virus, which is extremely easy to catch, the bacterial version can be spread, but it's not likely. He told me that the only way to get it from someone else is to get their eye goo (gross, I know) in your eye. I looked at him, completely serious and said "That's entirely possible." Well, he kinda laughed me off, but here I am now, and after Lil' Baltie got over it, Aria got it, and now that Aria is better, Aubrie got it. The two younger children have taken getting medicine squirted in their eye pretty well. Aria is quite the little trooper. All you have to to is tell her to be tough. Aubrie is the exact opposite story. Like far opposite. She wails and cries, and then she says "Ok, ok, I am going to be tough." And just when you think you might get this done, and you're coming at her with the tube she freaks out. Even when you finally get her completely decided that she has to do this or else, she still cries and flaps her arms around. It's like she just can't help herself. (You should see her when she has to get shots...) So, we're talking about this around the dinner table, and I was saying how hard it is to get Aubrie to let me put the medicine in her eye, and Aria had a suggestion on how to remedy this problem, she says "You could sell her on E-bay." Ahh, the love!

No comments: