I've known Valdemar for a long time. We started going to the Colton United Pentecostal Church (now Higher Ground) when I was eight years old. And that's where Valdemar and I met. And then from the time we were little we were little sweet hearts and he used to push me on the swing and pull my pigtails, and I used to doodle his name in little hearts and stuff. Well, not quite.
We were friends, I guess. And then when I was about fourteen I had this terrible crush on him and he smashed my poor fourteen year old heart when he told me "I'd never date a blond." It took a long time to recover from that, you know. So, when I turned seventeen and he started asking me stuff like "So, when are we going to lunch?" I would just laugh at him, sure that he was making yet another joke. For any one who knows Valdemar, he can be an awful tease. He thinks that he just soooo funny! Well, I turned eighteen, moved out of my Mom and Dad's house, and rented an apartment with Katie David. Most of you know that I was not in church at that time. I had a lot of things to work through. Thank God that He never gave up on me!
So, one night I locked my self out of the apartment and had no where to go. I went to Wednesday night Bible Study. And that's when Valdemar asked for my phone number. I talked to him some after that. I did have a 'boyfriend' if you could call him one. That didn't last long at all. I remember thinking that it was funny that Valdemar would call me to talk to me, or to say that he hadn't gotten to say goodbye to me when I left. But I was still absolutely shocked when he called one night and asked me if I might want to date him!
I found out that I was pregnant with Aubrie on Mother's Day 2002, and three weeks later we were married. Would I recommend that plan of action to any one else? No. But I am forever thankful that I know God had His hand on me and sent me the right person. When I think about where I could be right now -- well, I am thankful that I am so incredibly blessed!
Valdemar,
Thank you for the flowers. They are beautiful. Sorry that I still looked like a porcupine when you brought them to me=)
Wow! Has it been seven years already? I guess time flies when you're busy popping out kids and moving and stuff! Would you have ever imagined?
I wanted to tell you, so many things, and I can't even think of all them! Do you know how special you are? I have been blessed with such a wonderful person to spend the rest of my life with! I really couldn't ask for better. I hope that I don't embarrass you by posting this.
I love you very much. You've given me all of the best things, things that money could never buy. You're a great husband, and really the best Dad! You can tell, when you look at the kids. They don't even know what they have. I pray, all of the time, that God will bless you, and give you wisdom. You're going to need it hanging around me!
I look forward to the next year together with you. Every year is better than the last.
I love you,
Thresa
3 comments:
Awe...the two of you make such a sweet couple. Not only an awesome couple, but incredible parents too. I am so excited to see God using you both and to think, it's only the beginning. God is so good!
God has been so good to our family, even though we don't deserve it. It is a great blessing to have such wonderful friends in our lives as well.
I have tears in my eyes and am rejoicing with you, Thresa, in the blessing of a good husband! I am celebrating 16 years with my wonderful hubby next week!!!
Balty is a great man and wonderful daddy! You are both a blessing to ILC!! I look forward to watching God use you in His kingdom!
Post a Comment