Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Life With Kids - Part Seventeen

*Rocks + Windows*


I am sure that some of you were waiting for this post.....


Last Thursday was a good day. We'd gotten a lot done. I went to Wal Mart, no incidents, and I didn't spend too much money. And Valdemar and my brother had cleaned the yard. Lookin' good =)
We were all outside, the kids were playing, Valdemar was playing, and I was the only one working, of course. Yeah. Umm, I was moving the sprinkler. And then I heard "ARIA, WHAT DID YOU DO?!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH. WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!!!!!!" I knew something was wrong and I walked around to the front of the garage and saw Aria standing, dumbstruck, and Valdemar steaming from the ears, both watching as the glass on the door of the van is cracking.
The people who owned this house before had an extreme rock fetish. The thing is, is that they didn't keep pretty rocks. Just a bunch of ugly ones. A whole bunch of them. (If anyone needs some rocks just let me know.) We have been getting rid of them, a little at a time, whenever we get the chance. I think the kids will be in high school before they're all gone. And........ Aria was playing with one of these abundant, and ugly rocks. No one knows exactly why, even Aria, because I did ask her, but for some reason she decided to throw this rock. (Maybe it was just too ugly?) And of course, being Aria and all, she hit something costly and breakable. She's got a knack for that kind of stuff. I have often said that some children have to plan things out, but Aria can pull off a total disaster just winging it.
The next morning the car glass people come and put in the new window. When Valdemar came home, Aubrielle tells him "Dad the guy came and put a new window in the car! It's glass, and you can see through it!" Incredible.
So, if anyone out there is starting to think that my kids might be just a bit crazy - now you know. Aria, three years, one broken window.



Fifteen years to go. . .

No comments: