It has been awfully hot outside, and my children have not been allowed out to play much. The times I have let them go out, I notice that they spend a lot of time on the patio sitting, and they come in quickly. They complain that the swings are too hot to sit on, the slide is too hot to slide down, etc., etc. They waited a long time for that swing set, and now, the thing didn't even come with a cooling system so that they can play on it during the summer!
I think they've been missing their swing set a little more than I'd thought.
I work pretty much every Saturday. Not the best, but better than every Sunday. Valdemar, being the superhero Dad that he is, watches all three of the kids all by himself when I am away making blood, as my kids say. This Saturday, while Valdemar is dutifully washing dishes, he hears a CRASH! And then crying. Upon investigation he finds the children in Lil' Baltie's room, Aubrie laying on the floor crying next to the toy box lid, Aria standing on the dresser, and Lil' Baltie watching the commotion from the corner. When asked what was going on Aubrie replied that she had hurt her back on the toy box lid, and she thought it was broken, cause it hurt real bad. When asked how she hurt it on the toy box lid she wasn't giving up any information. Meanwhile Aria is scrambling down from the dresser as fast as she can. Aubrie is blubbering, and Valdemar keeps asking what happened, and finally, the truth comes. My children, well probably just the girls, were attempting to construct a make-shift indoor slide. Who was the mastermind? No one knows. They had gotten the lid from their toy box (it is a plastic Fisher Price toy box), drug the lid into Lil' Baltie's room, propped it up against the dresser, and viola! Indoor slide!
Obviously, there were just a few problems with the setup. Unfortunately, it was probably only a minor set back, and Children Making Mischief Inc. will be back at it shortly. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment