Friday, April 1, 2011

I'd Do That!

Today Aria had to go to the doctor's office. She had an appointment for her Kindergarten physical. What?! Time flies when you're having fun. Maybe it's more like sleep deprived, covered in slobber, and running so fast that you pass yourself in the hallway. Before you know it - it's all gone. No more babies, almost no more diapers, no more late nights in the rocking chair. I am getting ready to put my second kid in school.
Aria's teacher is going to have so much fun...
Everytime we go to the doctor's office there is one all important question that must be addressed before we get in the car to go down there - "Am I getting shots?" What do you say to that? No? I've been tempted to use that one, honestly. Who wants a kid that is already bucking around and screaming before you ever even step foot in the doctor's office? And though it is tempting to use up that 'No', I can't do it. I can't ruin that 'No'. If I tell them that just to get them down there without a fuss, I am going to null and void that word. Then eveytime after that it won't matter what I tell them, they might as well fuss like they are getting shots everytime. Who knows, they might, no matter what I say. Nope, I don't use the 'No' unless I know, you know?
So of course, Aria popped The Question today, and I said "I am not sure what you're going to get." It wasn't the 'No'. It wasn't a commitment either way. Works for me.
Aria went through the vision test like a little pro. She got weighed, measured, blood pressure cuffed, and temperatured. No sweat. Then they told her to put on the little gown. Now that was pushing it a little too far. Aria don't know you like that. She didn't want to do it. Aubrie tells her, "Oh Aria, I've done that before. They don't hurt you." Lil'Baltie decides to help out too, and he says "I'd do that!" Aria still wasn't going for it. So he starts taking his shirt off. Hey, if someone has to get undressed he'll do it. He disrobes almost every chance he gets. Naked, no problem! We finally convince Aria to wear the little gown, and the doctor comes in and uses the flash light and taps on her and what not. She lived through that too. All the while, Lil'Baltie is assuring her and saying "I'd do that!"
Then Aria gets her shots :( Aria has a rather powerful set of pipes on her, and she used them. Poor kid. Lil'Baltie was not saying "I'd do that." She did have to go pee in a cup. So, we all go in the bathroom so Aria can take care of business. (I have a new best friend down at the lab now. The lady offered me gloves. I love her. In all the times I've had to do this with a kid, no one has ever offered me gloves.) We get the cup out and get to business, and Lil'Baltie chirps out "I'D DO THAT!" Oh boy!
Aria also had to have blood taken today. No "I'd do that." from Lil'Baltie. Aria handled that very well. I was so proud of her!
I guess I know what to expect from Lil'Baltie when he has to go for his next physical.
Naked - check.
Flashlights - check.
Tapping, poking, etc - check.
Peeing in a cup - double check.
Needles - NOT.

2 comments:

Sarrah D. said...

too much FB, I was looking for a "like" button.

Jana McVay said...

Too cute!!