Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A good day for posting.....

I am sitting here listening to the silence in my house............ Beautiful. With the exception of some snoring, and the little noises my doggy is making in his sleep (he must be having a great doggy dream) it is completely quiet. I have to just listen to it. Nothing.
There isn't a lot of quiet that happens around here lately. Most of the time that doesn't bother me. I love the noise, movement, excitement, challenge. And at work I am typically surrounded by lots of noise, and excitement, and lots of challenge. My job can certainly be a challenge. And really, I like it too. It suits me. Busy, busy.
It's one thing to be surrounded by chaos when you have calm inside. And sometimes you aren't so calm inside, and then the chaos is hard. And it's hard to be surrounded by people, and completely alone. That is the hardest kind of alone.
Just bein' honest.
Sometimes, when you need people the most, you find out who your friends are not. Unfortunately, I am not as good of a friend as I'd like to think I am. Still, I can't help but wonder; if it's that easy for them to get rid of you, then really what loss have you suffered?
Again, just bein' honest.
I am just rambling. Sifting through the thoughts in my head. The mental clutter and cob webs. It has to get cleared out before the good stuff can come through.
Through everything, I realize that I am blessed. I can see the people who have stood by me. I know who really loves me. And that there is anyone at all to take up that task - well, that's pretty good.

No comments: